Search Online

Custom Search

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Dragon Age Origins - last add-ons Review

I had to do it, I had to finish all the game before the end of the year. I had to find out what to expect in the next series. Like in Mass Effect 2, I wanted to fill out a little bit more on the list to do this year. So, here are the final 4 add-ons that I played to bring this giant game to its end.

Darkspawn Chronicles
You are a hurlock vanguard in the Darkspawn army. Just kill all the good guys as you try to conquer the city of Denerim in the final battle of Dragon Age Origins. You make a team on the fly with different types of darkspawn soldiers. It's like a parallel universe in which you get to help the big dragon, your boss, and kill all the good characters in DAO. It's like a different ending to that chapter. I enjoyed it a little even if sometimes I found it to be a little difficult to survive.

Golems of Amgarrak
Import your Warden, i know you have it. Now you have to find some missing dwarven that you lost. along side with another dwarven, a golem and so on. There are puzzles, just read all the journals to solve them. Turn a few switches, kill some ghostly soldiers and beings. The special effects here are a little overwhelming, Trust me, you won't like it too colorful, or you would... Just kill a big boss of a beast like 2 times, because the first time it has a big fat body that it uses to beat you up, and the second time is just by himself running around like a bug. I enjoyed that little fight. He will not go down easy.

Leliana's Song
You are reliving the story of Leliana. If you payed some attention in DAO campaign, you would have discovered how Leliana was betrayed by Marjolaine and how she got into the Chantry. So now you actually play as the ot Leliana and have some companions to help you with missions that Marjolaine sets for you. You get to feel how stealth is like in DAO, it's very easy believe me. Sometimes it's tricky since I found that is a little hard to survive many enemies, especially when they have a mage, or your mage dies in battle. You get to steal some papers, then be betrayed, then escape the prison, saved by the chantry, follow Marjolaine and kill her associate general or whatever. Let me tell you, that general was very hard to kill. I barely made it past him. And yes, you get to let Marjolaine Alive because you are not like her or whatever, if you choose so.

Whitch Hunt
This one just play it last. It's worth it. Why you may ask and I would answer. Just because after this gemstone add-on you will feel like really the first DAO is over, and you won't feel like playing some more expecting the next DAO. Import your character, and start a small journey to retrace Morrigan footsteps until you find her. You get some companions to fight along with you (your dog, a mage and an elf) until you reach and discover Morrigan's plan. You fin out that Flemeth, her supposed mother is not dead, but she is something else, like a god or something. You find out that Morrigan plans to leave this side and time of the world for good, because she wants to prepare your child for the things to come - the big change - which by the sound of it seems bad. I had a romantic relation with Morrigan in DAO campaign, so it looks like I chose to follow her and be with her and our child, leaving Ferelden behind. I have heard a little different reading online. I mean, that you would have to kill and stop Morrigan from leaving. For me there was no fighting in the end, so I can't wait for Dragon Age 2, can you?

SCORES

Graphics - 10 (good with Nvidia 3D Vision)

Gameplay - 9

Feeling - 9

Size - 1 dvd

TOTAL 9.5

Status: very worthy, buy it, try it, play it, collect it and don't forget to keep the saves, whatever you do.Oh yes, and wait for the next Dragon Age - it will be a blast, I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search the Web

Custom Search