Search Online

Custom Search

Monday, March 21, 2011

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes Review

This little Star Wars gem will row on you. If you saw the cartoon series of Star Wars The Clone Wars on Cartoon Network, then you will see that the game is exactly the same as the series, graphics and action, dialogs etc. At first I would recommend for younger players - under 15 or something, but I guess my curiosity for the story overcome the gameplay, the lack of diverse force powers. Basically this is a hack, slash, push, shoot game, with jumping and running all over the place. You play as Anakin, as Commander Rex, as Master Windu, and all the good characters from the series, except Yoda and other tough to handle characters. You can not play any bad characters or droids/robots. Like I said, the game look very nice, but the game play and the maturity of the story is not for every day gamers, just for seriously fans of the TV series, myself included. In the first 20 minutes I thought I was going to throw this one back through Lucas Arts's window or something, but then again...



SCORES

Graphics - 10 (Nvidia 3D Vision - average)

Gameplay - 6

Feeling -8

Story -9

Size - 1 dvd-dl - 5.5gb

TOTAL 8-

Status: try it first, do not buy it, cause you'll regret it. Buy it only if you make a Star Wars Game Collection, because this way you have an excuse. I don't know if they should make another one, I vote yes, just because TV episodes are like half an hour each, and this game was like 5 hours, like two whole movies. In the next Clone Wars they should concentrate on force powers more, camera movement, and better AI for the partner in single player.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search the Web

Custom Search