Search Online

Custom Search

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mass Effect 2 review - PART 1


The reason i start with this game is because is a must between gamers. I mean who never heard of it, exactly. if you've been playing pc games for a few years, you must have heard of it. 


Okei I started this game in April 2010, and then interrupted it for a few months because of job. I did a few side quests an main quests, and then I got back to last October. I downloaded all the DLC and did all the mission, And now I'm a little stuck, because I do not want to continue playing since I want to play the next DLC and unlock the last character in my squad. So before I move on with the main story, and to the end of the game, I want to play the rest of the DLC that will be available. I mean, the DLC that comes, somehow links the Mass Effect 2 to Mass Effect 3, which will be release sometime at the end of next year, or maybe at the beginning of 2012, if my spies are correct.

This game is definitely worth it, it's meant to be into any gamer's collection. I think this genre took a huge leap with Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic aka KOTOR - I still remember the chills, the excitement playing as a jedi and commanding my own team, knowing that my actions and conversations will affect the ending big time. But I think I will treat KOTOR in another post, since is a heavy classic in my book.






DLC content played and feedback:

Kasumi - stolen memory (the mission is pretty simple - go to a party and make some killing, just the usual)
Overlord - stop the rise of the geth (good action pack, very intense)
Lair of the Shadow Broker - well, for me it's Liara, my love from the first Mass Effect, so it looks like I couldn't help myself getting involved with Miranda along the way, so it looks like I have Liara as a Shadow Broker somewhere, and Miranda for the trip. Now be careful, don't do like me, just choose one, because it is said that you will have some repercussions if you cheat with women, but I will keep you up to date if it blows in my face.
Companion Zeed - Nice little fellow, a little to annoying if you ask me - rescued the workers, wined his loyalty anyway.

Other DLC
Firepower Pack
Aegis Pack
Equalizer Pack
Alternate appearance Pack - cool new outfits for my squad - matrix styleBlood Dragon Armor - Blood Age cool sf armor - to bad he wears the headcase all the time.
M-29 Incisor Sniper Rifle
Normandy Crash site - good old Normandy in itsy bitsy pieces-just remembering the good old days
Sentry Interface
Collectors Weapon And Armor
Terminus Weapon and Armor
Inferno Armor
Umbra Visor
Recon Hood
Ok, so there will be no more DLC characters in my squad, now that I know the classified character is a character that I will meet on the derelict reaper.
But I will still wait for some new content to bridge the gap between ME2 and ME3.
Anyway, I stopped before IFF Transponder mission I know I can't turn back if I go with it.
Until the final battle I will try to retain myself with some other cool games, so on a final note to Mass Effect 2 for the moment, it's definitely better than the first one, even if the atmosphere is a little bit faded. I think you know what I'm talking about.
Stay put, I will be back with Part 2 review of ME2 and final ratings and grades...

to be continued...









No comments:

Post a Comment

Search the Web

Custom Search