Search Online

Custom Search

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fallout 3 Review

Okei, this is like a cold gold fish. On my opinion it could be a lot better. For example look at Dragon Age, or The Witcher, this post apocalyptic game Fallout 3 had a good run, I learned that it was the game of the year, but not by my standards. For all the Fallout fans out there who played Fallout 1 and 2 maybe this one is for collection, but I am not so interested in adding this one time kill into my collection. So you have rubbish all over the game, mutants, ugly women and so on. I found some interesting quests, the VATS system which rocks and is the only thing keeping the game apart from the other shooters. I got to say, it was not easy finishing it. It took me quite a while, then add-ons were released just to save it from not forgetting it to soon. So I took and played the add-ons too. In summary this is my opinion:
1. Main Story - I think it rocks, but there is a lack of options in doing things, in dialog, no special someone, it's too lonely in the Capital Wasteland.
2. Side quests - sidetracking for nothing. Very intuitive and repetitive. I wish they didn't exist sometimes.
3. Add-on Operation Anchorage. Very nice world in a world simulation. I liked it especially for the change of scenery. It reminded me of MOHA days.
4. Add-on The Pitt. it's sucks to live in the pitt. It's like hell, I walked around with no direction just to find my way. Basically you save the slaves or the child that can cure the slaves, you find yourself in a two wrong situations: you either take the child, torture him, kill his parents and free the slaves or don't take the child, leave the slaves work for a slave-illness-free future build on the back of the dying slaves. Exactly - I go with the second option.
5. Add-on Point Lookout. You are on a new swampy map, kind of romantic with a lighthouse and all, not. This one is kind of itchy. Between a chinese spy story and some wild clan driven by a virtual robot, it reminds me the most of the zombie movies, because there are a lot of stupid zombies and glowing ones too.
6. Add-on Mothership Zeta. Now now, now I know how it is to be abducted by aliens, and finally, make a small crew from scratch, take some cool alien weapons, take over one ship, and then kill the other alien ship with your ship, like in Star Trek. I think this is the coolest add-on of them all.
7. Add-on Broken Steel. This add-on work only if you installed it before you went on the last main mission of the main game. So you wake after 2 weeks, bla bla bla, and you have to kill some more Enclave. Cool things I found here: a special weapon the Tesla cannon, the big robot that dies at the beginning and the humongous Enclave base on wheels which reminds me of Schreder underground base or some old cartoon robots base and you get to destroy that if you choose to. But the game leaves with no more missions to do, just walk around as you see fit.


Something tells me there won't be any more add-ons for this Fallout 3, but I am looking forward to New Vegas.

SCORES

Graphics - 9 (excellent with Nvidia 3D Vision)

Gameplay - 8

Feeling - 8

Size - 1 DVD-DL

TOTAL 8.5

Status: 1TIMEKILL, not worthy (for collection).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search the Web

Custom Search