Search Online

Custom Search

Monday, January 17, 2011

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 5 Conviction Review

I am sorry to say this Splinter Cell brings some bad news. I mean the story continues. Grim is back, Sam is back and your daughter is back. Yap, you find out you killed your friend for nothing. Her death was staged to protect her from the bad guys so they wouldn't had anything on you. Grim has her own dirty little plans as a double agent an she helps you. You have some past and future flashbacks in which you can take part a little. In the end you get to save the first lady and you get to choose if you spear or kill the bad guy. I guess because of the annoying graphic optimization problems I took it out on the poor bad guy. Yap, you red right, After 3 minutes of playing the fps go down very low, stuttering without a reason what so ever. I tried almost everything - I didn't change the graphics driver, but I tried modifying the configuration.ini file, I tried setting the affinity to cpu 0 cpu 1 and other combination. I tried upgrading and it didn't do any good, and my video card was 60 degrees Celsius max, so no overheating. At first with the graphic at max, and with 3D Vision on, it looks nice, but after 3 or 4 minutes it goes wrong again, especially when you look to open spaces, but if you look down on the ground it work well. You may wonder how I managed to play it though, well I just Alt+Tab every time the FPS go down and it gets better for 3-4 minutes, and then repeat the process until I finished it - yap very annoying. I heard that on some systems it runs very well with no problems, with some video cards, with some particular drivers. Well, they didn't do a bang up job on optimizing it at all with those 3 or 4 updates. 


SCORES

Graphics - 4 (Nvidia 3D Vision - nice, because of optimization problems)

Gameplay - 8

Feeling - 6

Story - 6

Size - 1 dvd-dl - 8gb

TOTAL 7

Status: borrow it, play it once, kill some spies, some terrorists, buy it if you liked it and then added to the Splinter Cell collection. Do not buy it until you try it - a demo or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search the Web

Custom Search